Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addres…

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addresses

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Cardwell" <exim-users@???>
To: "Exim Users List" <exim-users@???>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:50 PM

> > we have been using callouts since they exist without ever being
> > blacklisted
>
> You don't want to advertise that fact on mailing lists like this, or
> your listing status might get changed.

How true. Yesterday, one of my customer's domains was being forged in a spam
run using random LHS. Over 500 servers using callouts got firewalled in that
one.

Callouts are not a good idea. (And before anyone panics - no - I won't get
into a long discussion about it again - just making a point).

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199