Re: [exim] net-search

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Matt
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] net-search
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Matt <lm7812@???> wrote:
> The list is updated every 5 minutes based on Spamassassin scores.  Any
> servers that score less then zero are added but removed if they send a
> message that scores over 5.  Entries are only kept if they have been active
> in last 28 days.
>
> Cannot believe how effective greylisting has been in reducing volume of
> email.

I wish that we could enable it globally. Lots of our customers nearly
revolted when we tried to turn it on a couple years ago.

I am going to work on making it a per mailbox option or a per domain
option.  Additionally, I want to make it so that any sender who is in
a user address book will automatically be excluded from greylisting.
Any of these will allow those who don't mind the delay to reap the
benefits, whiles those who can't stand the fact that "my grandmother
sent me an email 30 seconds ago and I still don't see it" won't have
to talk to us.  The combination of these items will make the system
very malleable to the users' wants.  Caveat: time permitting....
--
Regards...      Todd