Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

On 5/6/09 2:40 AM, "W B Hacker" <wbh@???> wrote:

> Graeme Fowler wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 10:54 +0200, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
>>> I vote for yes.
>>
>> I think there's a theme recurring here, which leads me to say:
>>
>> Please create an appropriate patch (yes, I appreciate this is almost
>> trivial) and open a Bugzilla entry of type "wishlist". Then get people
>> to vote for the entry in Bugzilla, and we can all happily move on from
>> there.
>>
>> Ta!
>>
>> Graeme
>>

> AFAIK there is no 'patch' needed.
>
> All the DNSDB source-code is already in place.

It's a little late, but...
Removal of a # character from src/EDITME *is* a patch, and should be passed
through the bug reporting system just like a more substantial patch is.

As to this patch, I suspect it should be done, but I'm not sure whether it
should be done for 4.70 or for 5.0. The scenarios in which it actually
breaks something would probably involve less-used target systems on which it
happens that the DNSDB code has never been compiled.

So this is a sort of wishy-washy vote one way or the other.

--John