Re: [exim] Silly situation - reprocess mail in queue

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Sander Smeenk
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Silly situation - reprocess mail in queue
Quoting Marcin Krol (mrkafk@???):

> Well, a silly thing happened: another administrator cleared the setuid
> bit on exim binary and exim was unable to save the incoming mail locally.
> But I would like to make Exim save that mail again on backup host, that
> is, to reprocess each mail in the queue as if it were just incoming over
> SMTP, so it could save the local copy.

I'm not aware of a default option or 'easy way' of reprocessing messages
on the queue as if they were being delivered.

This is what i'd try, untested and just what i would look at if i were
in such a situation...

Copy your exim.conf to some test file you'll be mucking with, then
change the routing in your new file... Change your current 'blocking
router' to act somewhat like your 'local_save' router. I'd suggest not
changing the name. Then, add a new router which would be exactly as
your current 'blocking router', with a new name.

Then i'd check what happens when i fire off 'exim4 -C newconfig
-d+all -v -v -M <random_spammy_looking_queueid>'.

It might actually route your message through the formerly-blocking-now-
locally-saving router and then back into the new-remote_smtp-router.

Perhaps the last bit can somehow be skipped and/or stopped so your new
exim-config won't actually try to deliver the message remotely.

HTH ;-)

-Sndr.