Re: [exim] SMTP Banner delay of 2 mins 30 seconds

Author: Eric Cross
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP Banner delay of 2 mins 30 seconds

> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Jethro Binks wrote:
>
> All true, however, I'm not clear why the OP thinks this is a problem.
> Regardless of the reason for the delay, it is within the appropriate
> specification and no cause for concern. Unless, that is, the sending mail

> server is incorrectly configured and drops the connection if it is made to

> wait for a bit.
>
> I see this quite often here, and have to guide senders here on what they
> need to look for to fix it. And often, as usual: "but I don't have a
> problem sending to any other sites, so it must be your problem to fix".

> Jethro.

Thanks for everyone's reply to my initial message. There is certainly
an issue with my server's IP address, and I tend to agree with Jethro's
take on this. Kerio does not allow modifying the timeout duration,
therefore my hands are tied.

The problem has also presented itself as well on a Sendmail box
(thanks to the individual who offered up their Sendmail box as a test).
Although I would prefer to know the exact reason why this is occuring
I have resolved the problem by relaying through an internal node.

-Eric