Re: [exim] Spamassassin

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Todd Lyons
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: W B Hacker
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Spamassassin
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:44 AM, W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
>> handles anything from about 10-30k incoming mails per day, and blocks
>> about 20-50k spam a day so its not that much under strain.
>
> That is a suspiciously low percentage of spam to ham, IMNSHO.
>
> Over six+ years, we see closer to 80% spam, 20% ham. And even that is
> after early-rejections that are excluded from the ratio.

Those numbers seem pretty reasonable to me, they mirror what we see,
though undoubtedly some spam gets through. And also note that these
stats are from a different system based on sendmail.

[todd@tlyons ~]$ emailstats
Webmail System Statistics for 2009-05-06

 TotalIncoming: 767809
           RBL: 584657
         Spams: 85564
      Accepted: 97588
LocalDelivered: 72734
     Forwarded: 24854
   PercentGood: 12.7099

I'd be curious to see how this compares to others' mail breakouts.
--
Regards...      Todd