Re: [exim] Perl-interface ./. Use Cases

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Perl-interface ./. Use Cases
Peter Bowyer wrote:

>> Im playing with the Perlinterface.
>> I wonder for which use-cases "you" use the interface:-)
>> I would like to gather some.
>
> We use it for SURBL/URIBL body checking
> (http://www.teuton.org/~ejm/exim_surbl/), and for some homebrew custom
> MySQL logging.

Just a thought. Wouldn't it be more simple, and more powerful if the
script didn't do the dns lookups it's self, but just returned a
domainlist of the domains in a message body? Then you could do stuff
like this:

# Check if one of the domains is on surbl:
deny dnslists = multi.surbl.org/${perl{extractdomains}}
      message  = $dnslist_matched is listed on $dnslist_domain with a
value of $dnslist_value

Or:

# Check if one of the domains is hosted on an IP in China:

dnslists = cn.countries.nerd.dk/${lookup dnsdb{>:a=${perl{extractdomains}}}}

Etc.

Seems like it would be more flexible to me...

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)