Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Mike Cardwell
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb
Mike Cardwell wrote:

> Does anyone other than Bill have an opinion? I still contend that there

I vote for yes.
Though I don't use it and I think it's only useful for some special
routing cases and some spam blocking "tricks" (which are often
arbitrary, dangerous or wrong), I understand that some people need it.
Distributions tend to use the default Makefile settings, so these people
don't need a custom build package.

Anyway, maybe you can provide some practical examples where dnsdb is needed?

As for Bill: Mostly I skip his messages, as I see only see alleged huge
real world experience mixed with half-baked exim and email knowledge,
wrapped in obscure language. No insult intended, just my personal opinion...