Re: [exim] Exim porc. grows very large

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim porc. grows very large
On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 15:24 +0100, Mr David Robertson wrote:
> Update: It is happening with other domains including Yahoo.
> I'm running FreeBSD 7.1 and exim-4.69-3 more or less standard install
> from ports with option ENABLE_DISABLE_FSYNC=yes though this is disabled
> in the config.

Aha.

The key here appears to be the "FreeBSD" part - have a look back at
Randy Bush's postings earlier this week about exim_tidydb doing the same
thing. This looks very, very much like something has broken in a recent
update to your OS, which is causing DB file handling to consume silly
amounts of RAM.

You may need to check recent patches/updates to see what they fixed, and
consider rolling back until the problem is resolved.

Graeme