[exim] [Off topic] Replicated mail storage system

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] [Off topic] Replicated mail storage system
I'd appreciate a few pointers towards mechanisms/packages/ideas for
doing this to ensure I don't miss any possibilities.

We have a requirement for a mail server (SMTP receive, POP collection,
IMAP not currently required) with a presence in 2 data centres, and
able to maintain operation if either data centre or the link between
them is unavailable. The ability to reconnect disjointed data centres
without data loss (we could tolerate some resurrection of deleted
messages) would be needed. There would be a huge number of
mailboxes, but low activity on each mailbox - aggregate activity is
not that high.

Any ideas or suggestions?

[The actual system is for a VOIP system voicemail storage - the
platform implements voicemail as a pop server that it mails the
messages into]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]