Re: [exim] messages that are rejected by server

Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] messages that are rejected by server
jean-paul natola wrote:

> I have a configuration that uses exim sa and clam to filter messages then hand them over to our exchange server,
>
> Exchange has the option to reject messages for non-existant users i.e. invalid_user@??? , if I enable this feature, what will exim do with thius type of message?
>
> is it going to crash my exim? is this safe to enable?

It wont crash Exim. If Exchange rejects a message Exim will generate a
bounce and try to send it back to the sender.

Generating such bounces is called "back scatter" and is frowned upon
heavily by other mail admins, so you should turn on something called
recipient verification callouts.

Have a read up on it and let us know if you need any configuration
assistance.

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)