[exim] EXIM as MTA and MDA

Autor: Kosmocronos
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] EXIM as MTA and MDA
Exim4, actually, is configurated to use smarthost (my ISP) to relay incoming fax to an email address.
I have now some XP clients (internal lan, local static ip address) who need to be able to send and receive  mail through my server with Outlook use only one specific mail address.

I read Exim4 can receive mail from a remote host using SMTP over
TCP/IP.

So I don't need to install POP-IMAP programs such as Courier, Fetchmail. Right ?

Can anyone tell me more about this question.

Hello to all