Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addres…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addresses
Dave Lugo wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, W B Hacker wrote:
>> And therein lies a tale.
>>
>> Heiko S. (who has just posted his rules) cannot send to me nor I to him.
>>
>> - his server makes a SV callout to mine if/as/when I send.
>>
>> - my server rejects the connection based on dodgy characteristics of HIS
>> server. As it would do if he tried to send a message to me.
>>
>> Catch 22 ...
>>
>> Bill Hacker
>>

> Just WL each other already. No filtering scheme
> will be perfect, you have to be able to add
> exceptions.

Eaily done, of course, given that we have - through this list, for
example - 'awareness' of each other as other-than spammers.

My point, however, was that 'even if' sender-callouts are permitted,
they can fail for reasons that have naught to do with whether the target
permits / responds to them or not.

That may result in the call-ing server remaining unaware of the *other*
reasons.

Bill