Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addres…

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addresses
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 04:09:13PM -0400, Bryan Rawlins wrote:
> So my question is, and I'm strictly looking for personal opinions here;
> Are callout/callback verifications on the envelope sender when that
> sender is signed more acceptable than just doing them in general? I
> know SCV in general is a hot topic, I don't wish to rehash it's good/bad
> points, just wonder it people whom are generally against it would be
> more amiable if it was only done one signed return paths.

Coming from the perspective of an email admin for a medium-sized
regional Internet provider, external hosts that do callbacks against
our mail servers are immediately blocked. It's essentially an
instant-ban for a brief period of time.

You asked for personal opinions, so here's mine: There is never a
single instance where sender callouts are ever acceptable unless you
have prior permission from the remote host.

Callouts are quite reasonable, and useful, within your own email network
however.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???