[exim] pipe2imap.pl

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] pipe2imap.pl
Hi,

I recently had a "need" to get Exim to deliver mail via IMAP. It needed
to be a direct delivery to a generic IMAP server, into a sub folder,
creating the folder if necessary, applying permissions to that folder,
and setting flags on the delivered message.

I created a helper tool called pipe2imap (GPLd) which is compatible with
Exim's pipe transport interface and created a simple router/transport
combo like:

imap_router:
    driver    = accept
    transport = imap_transport
    no_verify

imap_transport:
    driver           = pipe
    user             = Debian-exim
    group            = mail
    temp_errors      = *
    log_defer_output = true
    command          = /etc/exim4/pipe2imap.pl \
       –user   admin@??? \
       –folder Spam/$local_part \
       –create $local_part=lrs \
       –flags  ‘Junk’ ‘\\seen’

It'll talk PLAIN/TLS/SSL IMAP and supports authenticating as a different
user. Anyway, if anyone is interested in using it, check out:

https://secure.grepular.com/blog/index.php/2009/04/13/accessing-rejected-spam-solution/

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)