Re: [exim] Trouble in yahoo

Author: Ted Cooper [Exim-users]
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble in yahoo
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:50:15 +0100, VALMIR Christophe
<christophe.valmir@???> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like send to my adresse yahoo.fr by my Exim server but my
> messages go to my spam folder.
>
> I check my EMail:
> From VALMIR Christophe Tue Apr 14 05:41:44 2009
>
> The authentification is good but I understand why my message is in Spam
> folder. Do you have Idea ?

First of all, this does not seem to be an Exim issue, but rather an issue
with how Yahoo determines what is spam.

Second, please read http://wiki.exim.org/DontObfuscate
xxx = athena.atise.net
X.X = 88.191.33.78
That was actually information that people needed to look into problem. It's
already public information from simply posting anything on the internet, no
need to provide an additional obstacle for people trying to look into your
issues.

Strangely enough, your server doesn't appear to be running Exim. Looks a
lot more like Postfix.
Anyway, your forward and reverse DNS match and you greet with the correct
value too so there's no problem there. Your server looks to be in pretty
good shape and that particular IP doesn't look to have had a record of
abuse. If you're sending plain text email into yahoo and it ends up in the
junk folder you will need to talk to Yahoo postmaster about it
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/

If you can send to Yahoo from Postfix and not from Exim on the same host, I
would tear them a new as...... I would suggest that their scoring criteria
was in need of review.

From a quick google of your hosting provider, dedibox.fr, it would seem
that they have had a recent problem with computers in their network sending
spam. There's also someone in your /24 who is spamming/posting comments
about a pyramid scheme. There's even an active captcha breaking machine in
there - TODAY! A quick rdns scan of the /24 shows a number of domain that
have been registered in the last month, plus lots without rdns. So you
might be subject to being tarred with the same brush.

Oh, you're also using a privacy protected domain - unfortunately, that has
become a A Bad Thing for spam scoring of late. I do not know if Yahoo
scores based on this at all. (Not on my servers - I use PP domains as a
matter of course since I'm sick of being signed up for crap).

That's all the ideas I have :P

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html