[exim] Misconfigured FQDN

Autor: Yan Seiner
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Misconfigured FQDN

I've gotten a couple of these bounces. Seems that my FQDN is
misconfigured. Exim is using my internal name without a domain instead of
mail.seiner.com... Where do I start looking? Sorry if this is a FAQ
somewhere; my google-fu is weak today....

  XXX@YYY
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<XXXX@YYY>:
    host YYYY [aaa.bbb.ccc.dddd]: 504 5.5.2 <selene>:
    Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

        ([127.0.0.1] helo=www.datavault.us ident=www-data)
        by selene with esmtp (Exim 4.69) <<<<***********
        (envelope-from <yan@???>)
        id 1Lts3S-0000IN-Uw