Re: [pcre-dev] reply: how to use pcre.lib on win32 platfor…

Author: Sheri
To: WangWeiGuo(王卫国), pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] reply: how to use pcre.lib on win32 platform?
WangWeiGuo(王卫国) wrote:
> hi,
>
> About how to use pcre with Visual Studio 2008 express or other win32 compiler, I have tried many times but not successful. So if everyone has the information about it ,please tell me .

You should be using cmake to configure PCRE on Windows. If you get the
latest cmake, one of the supported environments is Visual Studio 9 2008
which should work with Express. I just tried building the newly released
PCRE 7.9 with static libraries on VS 2005 Express and it worked fine.
Refer to the Non-Unix-Use text file in the pcre distribution (However,
with latest cmake, you can use newer cmake-gui instead of the CMakeSetup
if you wish). For linking with other software, you can look at how
pcretest and pcregrep are linked.

Regards,
Sheri