Re: [exim] Emailreg.org - have you seen this?

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Emailreg.org - have you seen this?
Marc Perkel wrote:

> From what I understand of it - they also require a working abuse
> contact email. The idea being that you're not just anyone that can put
> together an SPF record and maybe paying some sort of fee makes you more
> "real" than SPF. Anyhow - rather than signing up right away I was
> thinking about testing the list as a list user and see how white it
> really is. And if it's from Barracuda maybe it's already populated with
> good data.
>
> I haven't found SPF useful for white listing. I've seen spammers with
> good SPF. If I were a spammer I'd have good SPF.
>
> Ultimately what I think makes the best white list is a list of domains
> whose FCrDNS is a host in the list. And the list of domains is based on
> reputation.
>
> Andhow - my real question is - how to put together the query in Exim
> where the query is:

> How do you do that?

You've been using Exim for so long now that you should be able to do
this in your sleep.

dnslists = x/hostname

Where "hostname" is the acl variable representing the appropriate domain
name to look up, and "x" is constructed from the connecting ip with its
octets reversed using one of the relevant expansions, appended with a
full stop and the lookup domain.

If you want the complete config snippet, I'm happy to sell you it.

Mike