Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Sheri wrote:

> Built fine on Windows/Msys configured with cmake with the following
> option set, but I did get one warning when building pcretest I can't
> recall seeing with previous versions:
> c:/pcre-7.9/pcre-7.9-RC2/pcretest.c:75:1: warning: "fileno" redefined
> In file included from c:/pcre-7.9/pcre-7.9-RC2/pcretest.c:44:
> c:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/stdio.h:395:1:
> warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Hmm. The code reads:

#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(WIN32)
#include <io.h>                /* For _setmode() */
#include <fcntl.h>             /* For _O_BINARY */
#define INPUT_MODE   "r"
#define OUTPUT_MODE  "wb"

#define isatty _isatty         /* This is what Windows calls them, I'm told */
#define fileno _fileno

My guess is that MinGW is defining it for itself when it wasn't before?
Anyway, that coding has not changed in this release. I suppose it could
be wrapped with #ifndef fileno. Could you try that, please?

> I had entered a cmake build type of Release, which apparently adds these
> C and C++ compiler flags: -O3 -DNDEBUG (which don't show up on the
> listing and neither does the build type -- would be nice if it showed
> the build type. I suppose it would have shown up if I had entered any
> special compiler flags of my own.)

I'm afraid I don't know enough about cmake to know if there is anything
that can be done about that.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel