Re: [exim] DKIM

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM
david.robertson@??? wrote:
> The fault is with the rfc. Tis to vague on various points. Such as third party senders.
> To my mind DKIM will go the same way as SPF. There needs to be a better policy introduced for controlling spam.
> The death penalty comes to mind;-)
>
> David

+ rDNS fail (hard score)

+ dynamic-IP RBL hit (hard score)

+ HELO not matching to FQDN of connected IP (softer score)

+ 15s delay (zombots are impatient)

+ Local & remote BL of hte hard-core

- a relatively modest White List ..

*IS* near-as-dammit a 'death penalty' for spam.

How does an infected WinBox get itself past those?

Cheap, cheerful, no need for greylisting, light ClamAV, SA and similar
resource loads.

Enough of us do the basics, there is no need for SPF or DKIM, and sloppy
DNS's entries of legit MTA's will get cleaned up 'Real Soon Now'.

But it will *never* happen so long as we take the obsolete 'be generous
with what you accept' road.

Zombots rely on that ...

Starve 'em!

Bill