Re: [exim] how to set up smtp AUTH

Autor: Kevin Davidson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] how to set up smtp AUTH
Hi Heiko,

Yes, it was my email client repeatedly asking for the password.

It's not related to Apache that I know of...just threw that in there in
case it could be relevant.

Are you suggesting to maintain a second password file, and if so, how is
that maintained when a new email account is set up. This being the
preferred method. If that is the case how do I remove the exim user
group from /etc/shadow....and what were the original file permissions
for /etc/shadow?

Sorry about my experience with Exim :( ... still learning :)

Kevin