Re: [exim] DbLessGreyListing

Autor: Jeroen van Aart
A: exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] DbLessGreyListing
Matt wrote:
> Is anyone using this greylisting implementation?
>
> http://wiki.exim.org/DbLessGreyListingRun

Looks interesting. I'd say it could be sped up even more if it would
keep the greylist in memory. Then it would only have to be renewed after
a reboot (which should be rare). Which I think is not such a big issue
since greylist data is not mission critical and should be flushed every
now and then anyways. Of course this could be done by just using a
ramdisk, but I can imagine using direct memory access without a (ram)
filesystem overhead would be a bit faster. Whether it all be worth it is
a second matter.

> /var/spool/exim/greylist/x.x.x,source_email@some_domain_754345.com,destination_email@some_domain328423.com
>
> I just wandered if some weird characters in a source email address
> could cause problems on the file system?

The format of an email address is rather strict. I doubt you could run
into such problems since they'd be caught by the MTA as it would reject
it at the smtp level.

Regards,
Jeroen