[exim] exim wakes up unmounted sata disk

Author: * Tawan Ruanebo
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim wakes up unmounted sata disk
hi,

i have several sata hard drives connected to my debian testing
machine. two of them are data drives that spin down after ten minutes
of no access. only one of them wakes up every half hour. so i
unmounted the two disks, and the one still wakes up regularly. it took
me some time to find out (via lastcomm) that exim is responsible for
this. it is the only process running at exactly the moment the disk
wakes up. nobody had any idea how this could be, maybe somebody here
can help me out. i sometimes don't use these drives for days, so i'd
really like to not have them sit there producing nothing but heat.

cheers!

sarefo

--
How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise, Johnny.