[exim] Need a way to trigger an exim paniclog

Author: Aleksandr Levchuk
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Need a way to trigger an exim paniclog
Dear exim community,

Please help.

I need a way to trigger an exim paniclog from a non-root user?

I need this to do good and not evil:
I lost my root access, and it will be long before I can reboot the
system (becouse it's in production). I happen to have /usr/local
mounted on one of my other systems, where I do have root access. If I
can only cause exim to write in to the paniclog then cron will
executel /etc/cron.daily/exim4-base, and that will execute
/usr/local/lib/exim4/nonzero_paniclog_hook, and I will be saved.

Alex

Aleksandr Levchuk
Biology Systems and Database Administrator
University of California, Riverside
Cell Phone: (951) 368-0004