Re: [exim] exim after upgrade etch to lenny

Author: Phil Pennock
To: esms11
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim after upgrade etch to lenny
On 2009-03-01 at 21:11 +0100, esms11@??? wrote:
> Dnia 1-03-2009 o godz. 20:32 Graeme Fowler napisał(a):
> > On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 19:24 +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> > > And I expect this to be a library version with OpenSSL.
> >
> > Or as so often turns out, a problem with a certificate.
> >
> > Graeme
> Hmmm
> I don't think so, because connection from lan is ok. Only connection
> from wan has a problem.

Well, you don't report version information, you don't report the full
logs, you don't show a diagnostic SMTP session.

If you run "exim -bV" to see the version information and which features
are built in, does it include on the "Support for:" line the item
"TCPwrappers" ?

Does your /etc/hosts.allow have entries permitting access to local LAN
but not setting Exim open?

If TCPwrappers is used then your /etc/hosts.allow requires an item like:
exim : ALL : ALLOW

For this to be reporting an SSL problem, however, you'd either need port
25 to be listed in tls_on_connect_ports (which would break receiving
mail from normal clients) or the connection you're having issues with
would have to be on a port other than 25. Which is where the log lines
would help.

You'll need to provide more data for diagnosis if this doesn't solve
your problem.

-Phil