[exim] Minimal configuration?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: gcaplan
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] Minimal configuration?

Hi

I have what I imagine is a common requirement, but I'm struggling to find
information.

I'm running a webserver on CentOS/RHEL.

Our web app uses a 3rd party SMTP server to send mail. And we don't need to
accept incoming mail.

But CentOS requires sendmail or a drop-in alternative to send out system
messages: otherwise it barfs.

So we need a simple, secure set-and-forget configuration that will:

1) Send out mail from localhost
2) Refuse to do anything else, particularly accept incoming mail or act as a
relay.

If Exim is a sensible way to do this, can some kind person point me at an
example configuration file?

Or if there is a better way, I'd appreciate advice.

Geoff Caplan