Re: [exim] Running a hook on successful delivery

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Running a hook on successful delivery
On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 11:54 +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> And yes, if I can't find an exim.conf way, I'll just run a regex in a
> daemon.

For now I think you'll have to do that, because there's nothing you can
put into a *remote* transport - which actually does the delivery part -
to do additional logging on success or failure.

For *local* transports (the easiest explanation being for local delivery
to a file or directory) you can call a "shadow transport" which is
called when the main transport succeeds. See Ch24 of the docs for this.

You might find that this helps you for local deliveries - but that's not
what you want...

You could open a Bugzilla "wishlist" item to extend shadow_transport to
remote transports too, I guess. It certainly wouldn't be a trivial thing
to implement though.

Graeme