Re: [exim] 4096 connection barrier

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4096 connection barrier
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 11:45 +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>> So, Exim's limit isn't reached on my machines, but nevertheless the limit
>> needs revisiting for those who don't have my problem. Marc's right. The
>> limit is too low for modern hardware.
>
> ...to which the followup question is: what is a suitable limit for
> modern hardware and OS combinations?

This still smells a lot like a large site optimisation. When running a
large site there is significant tuning and tweaking required of the
kernel and all the applications being used - in this case exim.

If anything perhaps double it and document it as this will suffice for
pretty much all sites for now. 900 peak is a long way short of 4096.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html