[exim] SMTP authentication problem

Author: Keith Martin
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] SMTP authentication problem
Subject: [exim] SMTP authentication problem
I've tried looking through the docs for any clues on this problem, but not
sure I even know the right phrase to search for...

What is happening is that we are using Exim (4.69) to relay email to another
server, which requires SMTP authentication. That all works fine, except if
for some reason there is an error or something else that causes the mail to
be queued. What then seems to happen is that the queue system tries to
delivery the email later on, but on the retry it does not authenticate, so
the other server rejects the connection.

If the mail is delivered with no queuing, then it works perfectly every
time. It's only when something causes the mail to be queued that later
delivery attempts fail (connection rejected by the other server as not
authorised). There is only one host so no change in IP details etc during
delivery attempts.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this?

Regards,
Keith.