Re: [exim] Retry rule

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Mr David Robertson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Retry rule
On 2009-02-21 at 20:32 +0000, Mr David Robertson wrote:
> I have a very simple retry rule:
>
> some.domain.com    *

> My understanding of retry rules suggests that any mail to this domain
> will be dumped after the first attempt fails. But this is not
> happening. Mail is queued as normal and does obey the global rule:
>
> * * F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,2d,6h
>
> Am I misunderstanding something here?

Yes.

You don't have a simple retry rule. You have a syntax error, since
retry rules have three or four parts. If you were to invoke Exim with
debugging to retry a particular message, you might see something
interesting. I'd also expect there to be something relevant in the
logs, as Exim is usually very good at reporting problems like this.

So, you have a line which is incomplete, so it's being ignored.

You want:
 some.domain.tld    *    F,1m,1m

to retry for up to one minute. Untested.

You can also have the handling Router use the first_delivery condition
and make sure that all subsequent Routers will not handle the address
(or insert a Router immediately following the first, which accepts
exactly the same addresses but fails immediately), so that really truly
only the first delivery attempt will happen.

condition = ${if first_delivery}

Regards,
-Phil