Re: [exim] automagic GnuPG handling

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Eduardo Diaz Comellas
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] automagic GnuPG handling
Ted Cooper escribió:
> Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
>
>> My first posting.
>>
>> Can exim4 handle GnuPG automagically? What I am imagining is the
>> following two senarios:
>>
>> outgoing messages > check if recipient’s public key is known > encrypt
>>
>>> send message as normal
>>>
>> incoming messages > check if message is encrypted and sender’s public
>> key is known > decrypt > save message as normal
>>
>> Is this within exim’s capabilities?
>>
>> Can anyone please advise on how to implement this?
>>

> This is a MUA problem, not an MTA problem. There are a number of plugins
> for each of the usual MUAs that allow you to do this.

I agree with Daniel. The best thing that exim could do is to try to
stablish a TLS connection with the recipient MTA, posibly checking if
the SSL certificate is valid. Managing encryption end to end needs
knowing the user's private keys, and that is not reasonable in any
scenario I can recall.

Regards

--
Eduardo Diaz Comellas -- ediaz@???