Re: [exim] Logging of outgoing IP

Author: Todd Lyons
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Logging of outgoing IP
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Ted Cooper <eximX0902w@???> wrote:
> Jethro R Binks wrote:
>> sending a message, even though I have "log_selector = +all" specified. I
>> specify to use a different IP on the outgoing interface (via the smtp
>> transport "interface" option) under different circumstances. There are,
>> of course, IP and port details of the receiving server.
> Since you are setting the interface with a condition, could you
> determine which interface it was going out based on your condition? Or
> perhaps you could use the string expansion to log it to a file.

We set ACL variables during various stages of ACL processing, and then
select a different transport/router depending on which ACL variable is
set. The interface is set in the specific transport, so I can tell
what IP it goes out on based on the selected transport.

To expand a little bit, we separate an internal /24 into 4 /26's.
Each transport uses an IP according to the type of email (smtp auth,
webmail, forwarded, locally generated), then have the PIX set to NAT
the outbound IP based on which /26 the exim box is sending from.  So I
can have about 60 exim machines before I run out of scalability.
We're a long ways away from that :-)
--
Regards...      Todd
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,