Re: [exim] Exim solution

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim solution
sajith kumar wrote:
> After the upgrade from etch to lenny, and replacing the old
> exim4.conf.template with the once from the lenny package, I get this error
> in the paniclog:
>
> Exim configuration error in line 31 of
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.tmp
> when i restart the /etc/init.d/exim4 it show the error
>
> DEBCONFsomethingDEBCONF found in exim configuration. This is most probably
> caused by you upgrading to exim4 4.67-3 or later without accepting the
> suggested conffile changes. Please read
> /usr/share/doc/exim4-config/NEWS.Debian.gz for 4.67-2 and 4.67-4
> 2007-07-03 02:23:29 Exim configuration error in line 31 of
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.tmp: malformed macro definition
> Invalid new configfile /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.tmp, not
> installing /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.tmp to
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated
>
> Is it a bug from exim. Any solution from this issue

It is as it reports itself - a DEBCONF issue.

Nothing to do with Exim.

Your own installed docs point you to a mailing list where such things
live and play.

This is not that place.

If, OTOH, you install Exim from the generic tarball, you should have the
same environment most of us here have - be it on Debian, any other linux
or Unix.

Then we, and/or a simple search of of the list archives, and/or even,
Reading The Fine Manual, can actually help you.

Bill