Re: [exim] [OT] Stupid spammers

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] [OT] Stupid spammers
windy_1 wrote:
>   We have a home school project web site for kids ages 6 to 14 and get over
> 500 spam a day, most totally inappropriate for kids. We had to add parents to
> filter the mail. In my opinion it is beyond sick. They have all these stupid
> laws about "child safe content" but they don't give a hoot about someone
> sending porn to the kids or using the kids' web site email address as a return
> address to send out porn so the kids get a few thousand bounced porn emails
> obviously not sent by the kids (who's server can NOT send mail).
>  Sooooooooo do a whois lookup on ICANN's web site and send an email to the
> person listed as admin. It bounces. Then attach the bounce to a complaint to
> ICANN for improper whois info on the offender. That they will do something about
>    go figure
> gayle

You could at least limit the problem by using PVRS/BATV, SPF or simply
denying all outside emails? If it's a kids site where they can only
communicate with each other? I'm just stabbing in the dark here since I
have no idea what the situation is :P

(On a site note, my exim mailing list exim address is now completely
cycled and the other one has begun life as a conditional spamtrap)

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html