Re: [exim] [OT] Stupid spammers

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Yan Seiner
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: windy_1
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] [OT] Stupid spammers

On Wed, February 18, 2009 4:15 pm, windy_1 wrote:
>   We have a home school project web site for kids ages 6 to 14 and get
> over
> 500 spam a day, most totally inappropriate for kids. We had to add parents
> filter the mail. In my opinion it is beyond sick. They have all these
> stupid
> laws about "child safe content" but they don't give a hoot about someone
> sending porn to the kids or using the kids' web site email address as a
> return
> address to send out porn so the kids get a few thousand bounced porn
> emails
> obviously not sent by the kids (who's server can NOT send mail).
>  Sooooooooo do a whois lookup on ICANN's web site and send an email to the
> person listed as admin. It bounces. Then attach the bounce to a complaint
> ICANN for improper whois info on the offender. That they will do something
> about
>    go figure

Use sa + dspam + clamav. That takes care of 99.9% of my spam. (Of
course, with 1000+ spam / day, the .1% percent that get through are
annoying, but...) Trying to stop spammers is fruitless; no one can or
will do anything about it. :-(

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.