Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Daniel Tiefnig
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2009-02-18 at 02:25 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Failure beyond ten minutes that retry will *ever* recover from is
>> very much the exception.
>
> Rare != Should-Not-Be-Accounted-For

True, and the RFCs say:
"Retries continue until the message is transmitted or the sender gives
up; the give-up time generally needs to be at least 4-5 days."

Sadfully they used the term "generally needs to" instead of one of the
predefined key words of RFC 2119.

Anyhow, what do people on this list use for their cut-off? I'm still
using 4d everywhere, and I didn't ever think much about changing this
value. (Except for one ETRN capable system which had been running with
6d due to customer request.)

For servers with big queues, there obviously would be a noteable
benefit, but what I think I'd like most would be faster non-delivery
notification messages. (And fewer delivery status notifications which
I'm sending once a day usually.)

br,
daniel