[exim] Retry cutoff time

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Retry cutoff time
> From: W B Hacker

> those
> whose greylist want much over 5 minutes can safely be blacklisted to
> keep your queue clean.

Safely blacklisted??

> Unless you are sending anime cartoons instead of
> text, their user-communities probably couldn't read the messages anyway.
>
> ;-)

Very inconsiderate of users of some ISP and free mail services.
I greylist for 3 min and only one message per week in average
(I greylist only suspicious mail and use several whitelists),
but for example http://wiki.exim.org/DbLessGreyListing
suggests 1 hour, often quoted fugure is 30 min;
@rambler.ru, @ukr.net and @yahoo.com free mail services greylist for few hours;
@gmail.com recently began to greylist part of mail as far as I heard.

Don't confuse users with lazy, incompetent or opinionated admins.
Such admins do have not dumb users. Not every user can switch ISP.
Nor should (just because you prefer to keep your queue nice).