Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Richard Pitt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Mr David Robertson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock
In my experience this is almost always a load issue.

I've settled on putting the database in /dev/shm - i.e. RAM disk

there is no major penalty for losing this database - on reboot for
example - the system will simply rebuild it

Following is in my /etc/init.d/exim startup file (I run Red
Hat/CentOS/Fedora - YMMV)

---------------
dev_shm() {
# push the db into /dev/shm
if [ -d /dev/shm/db ]
then
        echo "using old /dev/shm/db directory"
else
  mkdir -p /dev/shm/db
  chown exim.exim /dev/shm/db
  chmod 750 /dev/shm/db
  mkdir -p /var/spool/exim
fi
cd /var/spool/exim
rm -r db
ln -s /dev/shm/db db

The dev_shm() function is called upon each startup

works for me on VERY heavily loaded systems.

richard

--
Richard C. Pitt                 Pacific Data Capture
rcpitt@???               604-644-9265