Re: [pcre-dev] About PCRE Bug

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Alexander Shulman
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] About PCRE Bug
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Alexander Shulman wrote:

> I'm about this http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=47352. We are realy needed
> this solusion. Please help check this bug, becous this no catchble bug and
> we don't know how we mast rewrite our regular expression for check solusion
> the problem.

This has been reported as bug #809 in the PCRE bugzilla. My response on
11 February was this:

> Thanks for the comprehensive info. I'm hoping to work on PCRE in a few
> weeks' time and will look into this then.

That statement is still true. I'm sorry, I have to get other stuff done
first. I note that the problem happens when -8 (PCRE_ERROR_MATCHLIMIT)
is returned, which indicates that your regex is searching a really big
tree. It might be possible to rewrite it - have you read Jeffrey
Friedl's book "Mastering Regular Expressions" (O'Reilly)? He covers a
lot of these issues.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel