[exim] rexeg applied to email body - size limit issue?

Author: Paride Mainardi
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] rexeg applied to email body - size limit issue?
I am no Sysadmin, just a frustrated victim of major backscattering,

I have a quite seriousproblem and so far my hosting provider could not
help me out.
I am on a shared server (linux, apache, config) running exim 4.68 in a
CPanel 11.18.2-RELEASE setting.

I was able to apply a regex filter to test incoming e-mail bodies (
myname.+@??? ) that would efficiently can the backscatter, but it
only works with short test messages .

In a real world environment, the pattern I need to recognize is not
always at the beginning of the message body and ,when it is closer to
the end the filtering does not work, I get the following error:

**** debug string too long - truncated ****

IMHO it appears to be a problem with the size of the message, maybe a
buffer issue, a file size limit? I am no Sysadmin and do not know what
to do.
So far, 3 different helpdesk experts of my hosting service could not
help. Any Idea?

Thank you

--

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus and malware free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

--

La presente comunicazione e' destinata esclusivamente al soggetto indicato piu' sopra quale destinatario o ad eventuali altri soggetti autorizzati a riceverla. Essa contiene informazioni strettamente confidenziali e riservate, la cui comunicazione o diffusione a terzi e' proibita, salvo che non sia stata espressamente autorizzata.
Se avete ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, Vi preghiamo di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di cancellarne ogni evidenza dai Vostri supporti.

Questa email e gli eventuali allegati sono stati sottoposti a scansione prima della trasmissione e sono ritenuti privi di virus o altri difetti che potrebbero causare danni alla struttura informatica del destinatario. Il mittente non accetta responsabilità per eventuali danni in quanto deve essere cura del destinatario verificare l'assenza di virus o malware nella trasmissione ricevuta.