Re: [exim] multiple users in rcpt to

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Renaud Allard
A: Pete McEvoy
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] multiple users in rcpt to
Hello,

Pete McEvoy wrote:
> Hi.
> Ive got an application that needs to send reports daily, the application
> has configuration options to allow the reports to be sent to more than
> one recipient. Within the application this is configured by using a semi
> colon to seperate the addresses. This results in the following:
>
> 10216 SMTP>> 250 mail.yerma.org Hello mail.yerma.org
> [10.0.19.227]
> 10216 SMTP<< MAIL FROM:<user.1@???>
> 10216 SMTP>> 250 OK
> 10216 SMTP<< RCPT
> TO:<user.1@???>;<user.2@???>
> 10216 LOG: smtp_syntax_error MAIN
> 10216 SMTP syntax error in "RCPT
> TO:<user.1@???>;<user.2@???>"
> H=(mail.yerma.org) [10.0.19.227] malformed address:
> ;<user.2@??? may not follow
> <user.2@???>
>
> When I point this out to the vendors of the application, they reply
> saying it works everywhere else,

It probably works with MS mail servers.

> this is a local problem at my end, and
> point to urls such as:
>
> http://www.logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail/ticket/116

This URL is irrelevant to your problem, but suggests that indeed their
application does not seem to respect standards.

> I know I an configure exim to allow this,

I don't think so.

> or create an alias within exim
> to expand one email address to multiple, but in the interests of
> pedantry, and also because the support team at the vendor are so
> insistant that I'm wrong, can anyone confirm the correctness of exims
> actions, and my reading of rfc2821, specifically:
>
> RCPT TO:<forward-path> [ SP <rcpt-parameters> ] <CRLF>
>
> The first or only argument to this command includes a forward-path
> (normally a mailbox and domain, always surrounded by "<" and ">"
> brackets) identifying one recipient.

Indeed, they are plain non standard. There can only be one recipient per
line, unless negotiated in extensions (and even in this case it should
be separated by a space).