著者: Pete McEvoy
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] multiple users in rcpt to
Hi.
Ive got an application that needs to send reports daily, the application
has configuration options to allow the reports to be sent to more than
one recipient. Within the application this is configured by using a semi
colon to seperate the addresses. This results in the following:

10216 SMTP>> 250 mail.yerma.org Hello mail.yerma.org
[10.0.19.227]
10216 SMTP<< MAIL FROM:<user.1@???>
10216 SMTP>> 250 OK
10216 SMTP<< RCPT
TO:<user.1@???>;<user.2@???>
10216 LOG: smtp_syntax_error MAIN
10216 SMTP syntax error in "RCPT
TO:<user.1@???>;<user.2@???>"
H=(mail.yerma.org) [10.0.19.227] malformed address:
;<user.2@??? may not follow
<user.2@???>

When I point this out to the vendors of the application, they reply
saying it works everywhere else, this is a local problem at my end, and
point to urls such as:

http://www.logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail/ticket/116

I know I an configure exim to allow this, or create an alias within exim
to expand one email address to multiple, but in the interests of
pedantry, and also because the support team at the vendor are so
insistant that I'm wrong, can anyone confirm the correctness of exims
actions, and my reading of rfc2821, specifically:

RCPT TO:<forward-path> [ SP <rcpt-parameters> ] <CRLF>

The first or only argument to this command includes a forward-path
(normally a mailbox and domain, always surrounded by "<" and ">"
brackets) identifying one recipient.

Thanks in advance.

--
Pete