Re: [exim] Is it possible to modify my Exim config file so t…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian Eiloart
To: Jethro R Binks, exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Is it possible to modify my Exim config file so that singlequote pairs in address headers?

--On 6 February 2009 14:50:19 +0000 Jethro R Binks
<jethro.binks@???> wrote:

> (Although, the same argument is useable here as against greylisting and
> other techniques: once a critical mass of receiving servers implement
> these techniques, it will be worth the while of spammers to accomodate
> them, play by the rules, design better SMTP engines, in order to get
> their mail past the techniques. But I think we're a long way to go yet,
> and there's probably a huge legacy of crap spammy SMTP clients out there
> that are easily defeatable.).

Yes, but this isn't just about spam. It's also about not accepting emails
with malformed address headers. Those addresses aren't just there to look
pretty, they're used by MUAs and even MTAs to address replies. If the
From:, To: or Cc: header is malformed, then the replies may also be
malformed, or misdirected.

--
Ian Eiloart