[exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-dev
New-Topics: Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots
Subject: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots
It was pointed out to me that the exim daily snapshots were very out
of date. I didn't actually know we were producing snapshots - and in
fact I was right, we aren't.

Instead, the old ftp site - ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk - still has ancient
snapshots on there. The current ftp site (ftp.exim.org) does not.

It would be possible to make daily snapshots. However I'm not
convinced its worth the effort (and it will tend to churn the ftp
mirrors). Anyone who wishes to have the latest shiniest buggiest code
to play with can pull a copy from our cvs mirror - see http://wiki.exim.org/EximDevelopment#AnonymousCVS

So my inclination is:-
1. Get the old snapshots deleted (they are confusing)
2. Hunt down and change documentation referring to them
3. Publicise anonymous CVS

Would anyone like to violently disagree with this?

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]