Re: [exim] Collecting Statistical data from a router to SQL

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Collecting Statistical data from a router to SQL
J-P Human wrote:
> On 2/2/09, Steve Kemp <steve@???> wrote:
>> On Mon Feb 02, 2009 at 15:34:22 +0200, J-P Human wrote:
>>
>>> Currently I cannot work out if this is even possible, I am not sure
>>> what driver or transport to use when all I want the router todo is run
>>> a SQL update statement and then pass the email to the next router. I
>>> have googled read the book etc.
>>> Can anybody point me in the right direction?
>> It may well be possible, but I'd expect it to be far similar to
>> parse exim's mainlog.
>>
>> Steve
>> --
>> Managed Anti-Spam Service
>> http://mail-scanning.com/
>>

> Hi Steve
>
> I think ill just do it in a system filter for now, I recon there's
> more chance for error trying to parse the log file, and it will be
> easier for me to write a filter as opposed to a perl or bash script.
> You wouldn't know how to run a sql update of any form in any router?
>
> Thanks
>
> J-P Human

Easy as pi. acl OR router/transport.

On the left side,

'set (any variable not otherwise used_ =

or:

'condition = '

On the right side, put any SQL call you want.
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ..
whatever.

Keep in mind:

- SQL can be a resource hog

- SQL may not sustain as many simultaneous connections as Exim.

- Exim can temp-reject if the SQL call fails or hits an unforseen
circumstance, even if the call would have had no effect on the message
handling.

HTH,

Bill Hacker