[exim] NTLM problems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steffen Heil
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] NTLM problems
Hi

I am having problems using a .net client and exim as smtp server trying to
do ntlm authentication.
The NTLM-SMTP Extension requires servers to accept two different protocol
runs:

< AUTH NTLM<cr><lf>
> 334 ntlm supported

< [initial-response]

And additionally:

< AUTH NTLM [initial-response]

Exim 4.69 seems to support only the first alternative, as it sends the 334
message and seems to ignore the initial-response.
The client however disconnects from the server, as it does not expect to get
a 334 message.
The second protocol is even the default according to the specificaton [1].

Now my questions:
- Is this fixed in some newer version? (I am currently using 4.69, as it is
my distributions default.)
- If not, could this get fixed? Seems easy to me, as it just means to skip
one reply and nothing else.)
- Does someone know a way around this?

Regards,
Steffen