著者: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
新しいトピック: [exim] need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORWARDING email to mail server
題目: Re: [exim] Command Line
Grant Peel <gpeel@???> (Di 06 Jan 2009 16:52:34 CET):
> Hi all,
> My exim setup includes LOGIN and PLAIN SMTP authentication, on freebsd.
> How does one test this from a command window in Windows? (connecting to the server using a telnet smtp session).
> I can get a regular SMTP session to work, but when I try to use AUTH LOGIN I get a Not Adviertised error.

In many setups AUTH is advertised only on SSL secured connections.
So you should (at least for testing) change the approbiate options in
the exim setup (watchout for server_condition = ... and
server_advertise_condition = ...)

As mentioned in the other answer: try using swaks, it's perl, so may be
you'll have luck running it on windows. It knows about SSL too (if the
necessary libraries are available).

    Best regards from Dresden (Germany)
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -