[exim] Creating a secure environment and building a relay (s…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeffrey Lyon
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Creating a secure environment and building a relay (smarthost?)
All,

As of late we're in the process of hardening our exim.conf to prevent
mail bombs and other badness leading to loads going up into the
hundreds. Right now we have prm set to kill off the bad processes but
naturally this isn't the best solution. What are some settings you all
would recommend?

Additionally, a bigger project we're working on is a relay sever. I
believe this is what is referred to as a smarthost as per this
article: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/exim-mta-how-do-i-route-or-relaying-via-a-smarthost.html
? What we're looking to do is have our web servers (running exim) dump
their outbound mail onto another exim running as an open relay
(network ACL preventing abuse) and have the open relay show as the
only headers to protect the identity of the web servers and allow the
forwarding facing SMTP more resources to deal with load resulting from
abuse as such:

webserver1.company.com \
webserver2.company.com -- smtp.company.com -> world; world sees all
mail as originating from smtp.company.com without mention of
webserver* in headers.
webserver3.company.com /

Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to achieve this?

Thanks,
--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon@??? | http://www.blacklotus.net

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.