Re: [exim] Defer mail for time

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Leonardo Boselli
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Brent Clark
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Defer mail for time
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008, Brent Clark wrote:
> Would anyone know how to defer mail from an address, but based on time
> of the day.
> Basically Ive been asked by management to defer all from gmail, facebook
> etc, between 8 and 5pm.
> If anyone can help, I would really appreciate this.

I won't help. such arrangement althought the idea behind is interesting,
would lead to a lot of inconveniences.
1. What is a business e-mail comes from one of such addresses ? it would
be delayed until next day.
1bis: on the other part, "prioritizing" certain messager originating from
certain addresses would put in evidence other non urgent messages.
1ter: Once the thing is known, can you imagine the number of messages
with fake originating addresses ?
2. such defer would lead to have a lot of messages at the beginning of
the morning. is that what you want ?
3. last but not least, even this message would have been delayed (and
given the festive days, until next monday).

Season greetings, but please, forget the idea.